The official account of the Czech club Viktoria Plzen, via Twitter, posted a video of its players as they followed the draw for the group stage of the 2022-2023 UEFA Champions League, which was held on Thursday evening in Istanbul, Turkey.
The Czech team was drawn into the group of death, with its presence in the third group clubs alongside Bayern Munich, Barcelona, Spain, and Inter Milan, Italy.
Signs of shock appeared on the faces of the Czech Viktoria Plzen players, especially since the team will face three candidates for the Champions League title, and their task will be difficult to reach the next round or even to obtain the third qualifying place for the European League.
The Champions League group stage begins on September 6 and ends on November 2.
The first round of the Champions League group stage will take place on 6 and 7 September, the second on 13 and 14 of the same month, while the third, fourth, and fifth rounds will take place on 4, 5, 11, 12, 25 and 26 October, and finally the sixth round on 1 and 2 November.
The results of the Champions League group draw were as follows:
- Group A: Ajax of the Netherlands, Liverpool of England, Napoli of Italy, Rangers of Scotland.
- Group B: Porto of Portugal, Atletico Madrid of Spain, Bayer Leverkusen of Germany, Club Brugge of Belgium.
- Group C: Bayern Munich, Barcelona, Spain, Inter Milan, Viktoria Plzen, Czech Republic.
- Group D: Eintracht Frankfurt, Germany, Tottenham Hotspur, Sporting Lisbon, Marseille, France.
- Group E: AC Milan, Chelsea, Red Bull Salzburg, Austria, Dinamo Zagreb, Croatia.
- Group F: Real Madrid of Spain, Leipzig of Germany, Shakhtar of Ukraine, Celtic of Scotland.
- Group G: Manchester City of England, Seville of Spain, Borussia Dortmund of Germany, Copenhagen of Denmark.
- Group H: Paris Saint-Germain, Juventus, Benfica, Maccabi Haifa.