Microsoft’s Xbox models support the use of a wired USB keyboard and mouse in some supported games and applications only, as they do not work with all gaming applications, because the app or game developer must add this feature.
But if you want to use mouse and keyboard with any game; You can use an Input Adapter for this, and the (XIM Apex) device is one of the most prominent devices that allow you to use a mouse and keyboard with any game you want to play.
Here’s how to use the Xbox One keyboard and mouse to play any game:
(XIM Apex) is compatible with many game consoles, such as Xbox One, Xbox Series X, Xbox series S, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, and Xbox 360, as it allows gaming devices to interpret the signal of a keyboard and mouse into something that can be used.
To connect a (XIM Apex) device with the device; You can follow the following steps:
- Open a web browser on your computer, then go to the following address: xim.tech/start.
- On the page that appears, click on the Check for firmware updates link.
- Insert the XIM Apex drive into the USB port on the computer, and hold down the button on the drive until the light turns blue, then release it.
- Under the (XIM APEX Firmware) section on the previous webpage, click on the Firmware Download link according to the operating system you are using, whether Windows or Mac and then select the (XIM Apex) drive to download the program on.
- After the installation is completed to the drive, disconnect it from the computer.
Note: The free (Apex Manager) application, available for iPhone users in the App Store, and for Android users in Google Play, allows you to adjust your gaming experience through the use of custom settings, such as: choosing your favorite input devices that fit the games best.
in addition; Sometimes you might find a connection problem, so you should visit the XIM Forums page frequently to ensure you have the latest version. It is also recommended to use the mobile app to connect to the Apex device via Bluetooth so you can keep it connected to the Xbox One while downloading the profiles.
After installing the firmware in your (XIM Apex) device, you will need to connect it to your gaming device, and to do so, follow these steps:
- Plug (XIM Apex) into the USB port on the Xbox One.
- Connect (XIM Apex) to its supplied hub, then connect the keyboard and mouse to the board itself via the USB ports on the other side.
- Now, connect your Xbox One controller to the hub via the included USB cable.
- After connecting the (MIX Apex) the lights will flash green, which means that the connection has been successful.
Note: Before playing any game, you will need to download its profile in the application on your smartphone, by pressing the button on the (XIM Apex) device while connected via Bluetooth, and after that, you will be able to download profiles for different games And remember: it’s important to do this for every game you play to ensure the best gaming experience.