Google has launched a virtual private network service for subscribers to the cloud storage service (Google One VPN) that allows them to secure their android phones easily, where the company states that the new service is safe, fast and easy to use, and provides a strong encryption layer that contributes to the protection of information and data in the smartphone especially on the go.
Here’s how to use Google One VPN on your Android phone:
There are many VPN services that you can use to help protect your privacy and security through an encrypted Internet connection, but Google now offers its own service that seeks to improve its cloud storage offerings.
Google’s service provides you with many features, such as: hiding your IP address to prevent third parties from tracking you, and not tracking or recording your activity, better yet you can take advantage of the VPN while using any other application within your Android phone to protect your online privacy.
In addition, Google One VPN does not affect the speed of your phone’s Internet connection, meaning that you can activate the service in on-the-go at all times without affecting internet speed.
What you need to use Google One VPN:
Currently, Google One VPN only works with Android smartphones, plus you must be subscribed to a 2TB Google One plan at $10 per month or $99 per year.
Google has promised to provide the service to collect operating systems, including iOS, MacOs and Windows, as well as to provide more countries in the coming months.
How to use the service?
Once you upgrade to the 2TB Google One subscription plan, you must find a VPN service automatically included in the service, and to use it you must download and install the Google One application from Google Play, then follow the following steps to activate the service:
- On your Android phone, open the Google One app.
- At the top of the app screen, tap the Benefits option.
- Look for vpn and then click on the View Details option.
- In the window that appears to you, switch the button next to the Enable VPN option to play.
- Click on the OK option if you are asked to set up the connection correctly.
- Next, you’ll see a small key icon in the notification bar at the top of the screen indicating that the Google One VPN service is on.
How to add the service icon in the Quick Settings panel:
To access the service in your phone faster you can add its code to the Quick Settings panel, to do so follow the following steps:
- Scroll down on the phone’s home screen to open the Quick Settings panel.
- Click on the editing option, a pen icon you may find at the bottom or at the top of the quick settings panel, depending on your phone’s style.
- Swipe until you find the service icon, then tap it at length and drag it to where you want it in the Quick Settings panel.
- Now you can easily activate or turn off the service by opening the Quick Settings panel, and pressing the service icon.