Indeed, many users began to make this switch, which made Signal recently the best free app on the App Store and Google Play stores in India, overtaking WhatsApp.
Use Signal— Elon Musk (@elonmusk) January 7, 2021
However, switching applications often involves the dilemma of converting WhatsApp group conversations to the new application, but the developers of Signal have published a very easy method that allows you to transfer WhatsApp group conversations easily and in a few steps.
Here’s how to transfer WhatsApp group chats to Signal:
- Install the Signal app on your phone, which is freely available to iPhone and iPad users in the App Store, and to Android users in Google Play.
- After installing the Signal app on your phone, open it, then tap the three dots in the top right corner of the app screen.
- From the menu that appears, click Create a Group.
- Give a name to the created group and add required contacts.
- Now open the group that you created, then tap on the three dots on the top right of the app screen.
- From the menu that appears, press the Settings option.
- In the window that appears, click on the Group Link option.
- Switch the button next to the Group Link option to ON.
- In the same window, after switching the button, click on the Share option below.
- In WhatsApp, open the group you want and paste the link that you copied into the text box.
- Now anyone with access to this link can directly join the group you created in Signal.
Note: The group creator can stop link sharing at any time by toggling the previous button off. In addition, you can share the link in any other messaging app and invite others to join Signal.