One of the basic tasks when editing images using various editing applications is knowing how to change the size of images and adjust their size, and now if you want to change the size of any image, you do not necessarily use a professional application for that, as the operating systems of Windows and Mac computers contain previously built applications Let you do this quickly and easily, and there are also websites online to do the job.
First: How to resize pictures in Windows 10:
Windows 10 has a built-in application called Photos, which provides you with not only organizing, viewing and modifying photos, but also changing their sizes easily and according to your desire, to do so follow these steps:
- Right-click on the image you want to resize, and from the menu press the Open with option, then choose Photos to open it in the application.
- Click on the three dots on the top right of the screen.
- From the menu that appears, press Resize.
- A popup will appear with predefined image sizes to choose from.
- If you are not interested, click on the Define custom dimensions option at the bottom.
- Enter the values you want in the Width and Height boxes.
- Select the check box next to the Maintain aspect ratio.
Note: When the previous option is enabled, you can only enter values in one of the boxes and the value of the other box will change automatically.
- When done, click Save resized copy to save the image to your computer.
Second: How to resize images on a Mac computer:
The macOS operating system contains an application called Preview, which is the default photo browser on your Mac computer. You can use it to easily change images. To do so, follow these steps:
- Right-click on the image you want to resize, and from the menu click on the Open with option, then choose Preview to open it in the application.
- On the screen that appears, click the Tools tab in the menu bar at the top, then choose Adjust Size from the menu that appears.
- You will see both width and height boxes on the screen, enter the values you want in these boxes, and press OK.
Note: Select the Scale proportionally if you want to preserve the aspect ratio of your image.
- Click on the File tab at the top, then choose Save from the menu; To save the images that you have resized.
Third: Use one of the tools on the web:
If you do not want to use the built-in editor or a third-party application, you can use one of the many online photo editing tools, including: (Adobe Photoshop Express) tool, to do this, follow these steps:
- Go to the Adobe Photoshop Express website in a web browser.
- Click on the Upload File option, then download the image from your computer.
- Then; On the left side of the screen, you will see several options, choose Resize image.
- Enter the values for the new image size in the Width and Height boxes in the top right of the screen.
Note: Do not tap the lock icon if you don’t want to keep the aspect ratio.
- Click on the Resize image option at the bottom left.
- Click on the Download option at the top left of the screen.
- In the popup that appears, enter a name for the image, then select the format that suits you.
- Click on the Download option to save the image to the computer.