The new Macbook Air and Macbook Air, which work with the M1 processor, support the ability to run iPhone iOS or iPadOS applications, so most application developers have started developing their applications to be compatible with the new processor, and provide them In Mac store.
Here’s how to install iPhone or iPad apps on Mac computers running an M1 processor:
- Open the Mac Store on your computer.
- Click on your account picture at the bottom left of the screen.
- In the window that appears, tap the option iPad & iPhone Apps.
- Click the download button next to the application you want to install.
- Once the application is installed on your Mac computer, you can open it from the Applications folder.
Note: You can also search by the name of the application by clicking on the iPhone & iPad Apps tab and selecting the application from the list that appears, in addition to that, if you find an application next to it, a warning says: Not Verified for macOS This means that the application will not work in Mac computers that are running M1 processor now.
How to install an application that is not on the Mac Store:
A number of application developers, such as: Netflix and Hulu, have not made their applications available to the new Mac computers through the Mac Store, however you can install these applications on a Mac computer running an M1 processor through third-party programs.
You can use iMazing to download IPA files for legally purchased apps directly into a Mac computer, as long as your computer and iPhone or iPad are linked to the same Apple ID.To do so, follow these steps:
- Install iMazing on your Mac computer via this link.
- Open the program, then connect your iPhone or Mac to the computer.
- In the program window, select an iPhone or a device, then click the “Manage Apps” option.
- Select the Library option and you’ll be presented with a list of all the apps that you own.
- Right-click on an application, then click the Download option.
- Once the application is downloaded to your computer, right-click on it and then choose the Export .ipa option.
- Choose a file to save the application to your Mac computer, such as the Applications folder, then in the Applications folder on the computer, search for the application and then click on it to install it.
Note: If you plan to download the Netflix app, there is no option to use it in full screen mode to watch the content, but there is an option to download the content to watch it offline just like on an iPhone or iPad.