If you send a lot of messages in the Teams application from Microsoft individually or through its joint work channels, and to ensure that they are noticed and are not ignored, you can mark any message you send as an Important or Urgent message with an icon Featured so you can be sure the person it’s sending to will read it first.
Here’s how you can mark messages in Teams as Urgent or Important:
Note: Important messages will have a red exclamation mark, while urgent messages will have a red bell icon. In addition, do not mark any message that you send as urgent or important, otherwise, people will ignore it later, you can use it only when necessary to prioritize messages that you send to make sure. Who really read it.
First: How to distinguish messages addressed to channels as important messages:
- Open the Teams app on your phone.
- Open a new message, then click the Format option below the message.
- Click on the three dots on the right side of the message.
- From the menu that appears, click on the “Mark As Important” option.
Note: If you are using the Teams app on a computer, you will see the mark directly – the exclamation point – in the toolbar, in addition to that, the tag will be added to the top of the message in red.
- Write your message as usual and send it.
- Now, your teammates will see a red exclamation mark next to the message in the channel, indicating that someone has sent an important message.
Second: How to define individual messages as important or urgent:
- Go to the Teams app on your phone.
- After writing the message you want to send to a specific person, tap the three dots next to the message.
- Click on Set Delivery Options in the menu that appears.
- From the three options that appear, choose Important or Urgent, and the tag – the bell symbol – will be added at the top of the message window.
- Write your message and send it as usual.
- Now, the person you sent the message to will see a red bell icon next to the message, indicating that you sent them an urgent message.
Note: An individual message marked as urgent works in the same way as messages marked as urgent work on channels, but with one important difference: the recipient will receive an alert message every two minutes for 20 minutes until he reads the message, so it is important not to flag Any message as urgent unless it really is.