Google Play Store makes it easy to get refunds if you bought a game or app that doesn’t meet your expectations, or if you buy something by mistake, or even if you change your mind about purchases, but there are limitations.
If less than two hours have passed since the purchase was made, you can request an automatic refund directly through the Google Play Store, and the process is more complicated if you wait more than two hours.
Google Play Store Refund Policy:
The refund policy in the Google Play Store is a bit complicated, because each category in the store has its own refund period and specific reasons for refunding the money, so if you want a game or app refund, you can automatically refund the money within two hours or request a manual refund within two days , Although this option is not guaranteed. Other categories, such as books and music, have their own policies.
How to get refund for Google Play purchases:
If you made the purchase within the last two hours, you can request a refund directly through the Google Play Store using your phone, and your request will be processed automatically. This is the easiest and fastest way to get a refund, but it is only available for the first 2 hours after purchase.
– Open the Google Play Store app on your phone, and tap the Show menu option.
– Click on Account.
– Click Purchase History.
– Click on the order you want to redeem.
– Click on Refund.
– Click Yes.
If successful, you will see a message stating that your purchase has been refunded, and the order will be marked as canceled.
How to get refund for Google Play purchases after more than 2 hours:
If you exceed the two-hour limit, but it has not been more than two days since the purchase was made, you can still request a refund through the Google Play website.
This process is a bit more complicated, as you have to choose a reason for the refund, then write an explanation of why you are requesting it, this process is not automatic, and you cannot guarantee a refund, but usually a decision will be made within 15 minutes.
Some reasons to request a refund within 48 hours of purchase include the following:
– The purchase was occasional.
– The app is not what you expected it to be.
– The application does not work as advertised.
– Someone bought the app without your permission.
How to request a refund from Google Play within 48 hours of the initial purchase:
– Go to (play.google.com/store/account) to open your account and then select Order History.
– Select the location of the purchase that you want to refund, then select Report a problem.
– Click Select an option.
– Determine why you want to request a refund, and if there is no perfect match, choose the closest.
– Describe your problem or explain your request in the field provided, then select Submit.
– You will usually receive a response within 15 minutes, although this is a manual process that can be delayed.