Many owners of Apple AirPods Max have mentioned through posts on Apple’s support page and many forums that the headphones are rapidly draining their battery power even when not in use, as some of them mentioned that their headphones had dropped their fully charged batteries power to 1% within hours They are numbered even in their smart case.
So far, Apple has not released any statement about this problem or an official way to solve it, but nevertheless there are rumors saying that this problem may often be solved after updating the drivers for the headphones to the version that carries the number (3C39) that Apple just released.
However, due to the fact that Apple does not provide patch notes for driver updates for its wireless headphones, as is the case with the versions of the operating system (iOS) and (macOS) so there is no official confirmation that this update will solve the problem permanently.
Because the update rollout is slow, so it may take some time before this is confirmed with the arrival of the update to more users, and then if you encounter this problem with AirPods Max, you must update it as soon as the update is available.
How to update the driver for AirPods Max:
Usually, the driver’s update for Apple’s wireless earphones: AirPods, AirPods Pro, and of course, AirPods Max are installed automatically while they are connected to iPhone via Bluetooth and placed in the charging case, as the whole process occurs indirectly.
Hence, if there is any new version, it will be downloaded and installed in the background automatically, which makes the process very easy, however if you want to make sure that your AirPods Max is updated to the latest version, follow these steps:
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone, then tap the Bluetooth option.
- Make sure that your AirPods Max headphones are turned on and on the list of connected devices, if not then pair them with your iPhone before proceeding.
- Press the icon (i) – the information icon – next to the AirPods Max.
- Check the version number listed under the Firmware Version option. If you find that the version is 3C39 or any higher version, then this means that the headphones are updated to the latest version.
If the version number is not as mentioned previously, this means that the speakers have not yet been updated, and although you cannot perform the update manually, you can try to force the update, and to do so, follow the following steps:
- Open the (Settings) application on the iPhone.
- Tap on the Bluetooth option.
- Within the list of (Connected Devices) Connected Devices, press the (i) icon – the information icon – next to the AirPods Max headphones.
- Click on the Forget this device option, then connect the headphones to the charger.
- Go back to the (Settings) application on the iPhone phone, then tap the Bluetooth option.
- Under Other Devices, tap to pair the AirPods Max with your iPhone.
- Wait 30 minutes then check the updated version again by following the previously mentioned steps.
Note: If you tried to force the update but still did not see it installed, it is possible that the new update version is not available to you yet, in this case, you can wait for a few days and then try again.