Sometimes; You may find that the inbox in the Mail app on the iPhone or iPad has been filled with many messages, which requires you to delete some of them so that you can quickly find the important messages, but if you want to undo this step for any reason The process of retrieving these messages from the trash folder or archive only takes a few steps.
First: How to delete messages in the Mail application:
You can delete messages in the Mail application depending on the message you are currently reading or select the messages you want to delete all of them and delete them all at once. To do this, follow these steps:
- Open the Mail app on your iPhone or iPad.
- In your inbox, open any message you want to read.
- To delete the message directly, tap the delete icon at the bottom of the screen.
If you want to delete multiple messages at once, follow these steps:
- Open the email app on your iPhone or iPad.
- In the inbox, click on the option Edit in the top right of the screen.
- Select the messages you want to delete by clicking on the empty box next to each message.
- Click the delete icon on the bottom right of the screen.
Note: If the Archive option appears at the bottom right of the screen, this means that the messages will be moved to the All Mail folder instead of deleting them, but if you see the Trash option, the messages will be moved to the Trash Folder waiting for them to be automatically deleted after a certain period of time – usually Up to 30 days – unless you redeem it within this period.
Hence, if you want to send messages to the Trash Folder directly instead of archiving them, you can change that in the iPhone or iPad settings, by following the following steps:
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Click on Mail, then select Accounts.
- Click on the email account you want to add the delete option to or enter it manually.
- Click the Account option, then choose Advanced.
- On the next screen, under the Move Discarded Messages Into section, tap on the option for Deleted Mailbox.
- Then choose Deleted Mailbox.
- Click on the Account option in the top left of the screen, then choose Done to save the changes.
- Now, when you delete any single message or multiple messages at once, it will be sent to Trash Folder directly instead of being archived.
Second: How to recover the messages that you have deleted:
If you delete a message by mistake, you can retrieve it to your inbox easily from the trash folder, and remember: you must do this process within the available time period before deleting it permanently automatically, and to do so, follow the following steps:
- On the Inbox screen, tap on the Mailboxes option in the top left.
- From the menu that appears, click on the Trash option.
- Click on Edit on the top right of the screen.
- Select the emails you want to recover, then hit the Move option at the bottom of the screen.
- From the menu that appears, tap on the Inbox option to transfer it.