Last week, Apple launched the second beta version of iOS 14.3, which includes a major change in the (Shortcuts) application, as the application no longer opens automatically when launching a shortcut from the main phone screen, and this change is very useful for users who use the application to create application icons Custom.
Here’s how to create custom app icons in iOS 14.3 Second Beta:
Starting with the iOS 14 release that Apple launched last September, the ability to set custom app icons using the (Shortcuts) app has become very easy, thanks to the new screen tools feature supported by the system, prompting iPhone users to rely on the (Shortcuts) app. To further customize the Home screen using custom icons.
But the downside to using the (Shortcuts) application to set a custom icon, is that the (Shortcuts) application works first when launching a shortcut from the main screen instead of running the application in question, and this means that there is an additional step that slows down the process.
However, in the second beta version of iOS 14.3, the (Shortcuts) application no longer opens when running a shortcut from the main phone screen, and this means that you can create custom application icons in the phone’s main screen and run the associated application without running an application (shortcuts) First, every time, an app icon will appear at the top of the screen instead.
Here’s how it works to set custom app icons:
- Open the (Shortcuts) app on your iPhone.
- Press the (+) sign to create a new shortcut.
- Click on the Add Action option, then choose the Open App option in the Actions menu.
- Click on Choose, then choose the application you want to customize.
- Click on the three dots icon on the top right of the screen.
- Click on the option (Add to Home Screen).
- Name the shortcut as the app.
- Click on the icon on the left side of the application name, then choose your custom icon from the Photos application.
- Once done, and when you launch the application shortcut from the iPhone home screen, the (Shortcuts) application will not open anymore.