Most of the cloud storage services are now available in a built-in form in the operating systems of computers and mobile phones, as they help you to save a backup copy of your files easily, whether they are documents, pictures or videos to preserve them in case something happens to the phone or computer, in addition to easily accessing them from Any device, anywhere.
But what happens if you decide to change the cloud storage service you use for any reason or the service stops working completely? So you must have other alternatives available to easily transfer your files.
We can’t cover the process for every cloud storage service out there, but we’ll give you instructions on how to work with 4 of the most popular:
1- Google Photos service:
Google allows you to easily export and download your data in any of its services, and now with the approaching end of the unlimited free backup feature in the Google Photos service, you may look to transfer your photos and videos to another service, to do so, follow Next steps:
- Log in to your Google account.
- On the left side of the screen, click on the option (data and personalization).
- Scroll down, then tap the option to Download Your Data.
- On the page that appears, you will see all the different Google apps and services listed, uncheck everyone.
- Scroll down, and select the Google Photos only option again.
- You can also click on the “All photo albums included” option if you only want to download specific albums by selecting them in the pop-up window that appears and then clicking on the OK option.
- Scroll down, then click the Next Step button.
- Here you can customize the export options, such as: saving the exported files to disk, adding them to your account in a cloud storage service, or sending the download link via email.
- After selecting your options; Click Create export. Google will start archiving and sending photos and videos to you in the way you specified, this process may take some time depending on the amount of data you download. Then you can transfer it to any other service you use.
2- Apple Photos service:
Apple always warns its users to use its photo storage service and all its other services instead of other companies’ services to protect their data, and there are really no options to easily download your files from the (Apple Photos) service, as is the case with Google services.
Although you can download individual photos and videos from iCloud on the web, this will likely take a long time, so the best way is to install the service application that you want to transfer photos and videos to on an iPhone, iPad, or Mac computer.
You also need to make sure that all your photos and videos are stored in the device itself, not in the cloud storage service, and then you can transfer them to the service application that you installed earlier, and if you work with a Windows computer, you can use the iCloud for Windows application to sync all your files to the hard drive. In your device before downloading it elsewhere.
3- OneDrive service:
Like Apple Photos service; Microsoft’s cloud storage service OneDrive does not have a tool to download all of your photos and videos at once, as you can select groups of files via the web interface or mobile app and download them, but if you have thousands of photos and videos to transfer, it is not practical to transfer them all. in this way.
Instead, if you are using the OneDrive application on a computer to save your files, you should make sure that all your photos and videos are synced to your computer, with the following steps.
- Open the OneDrive app in Windows File Explorer.
- Right-click on the folders containing pictures and videos.
- From the menu that appears, click on the Always keep on this device option.
You can then install another application, such as: Dropbox or Google Backup and Sync, and the iCloud for Windows tool to transfer photos from your device directly to it.
4- Dropbox service:
Dropbox does not provide a tool to download all photos and videos at once, but it allows you to at least download entire folders at once through the web interface, to do so, follow these steps:
- Click on the three dots next to the folder you want to save to your computer.
- From the menu that appears, click on the Download option.
- The folder will be saved to a zip file on your computer, and you can then transfer it to another service.