If you use the Messages app from Google to send and receive text messages, you can now activate the end-to-end encryption feature to enhance security, as Google has included this feature in the app as part of its recent efforts to develop its own messaging application, and it also regularly launches new features To attract users to make it the default messaging app in their device, such as: text message scheduling feature.
Below we will learn how to activate the end-to-end encryption feature in the Messages app from Google:
Note: The end-to-end encryption feature is currently available in beta, and it only works for individual chats at this time.
To activate it in the application, you can follow the following steps:
- Register for the trial version of the application via this link.
- After registration, a link will appear for you to download the trial version of the application, or you can click on this link directly to install the application on your phone from Google Play.
- After installing the application, run it in your phone.
- On the home screen, tap the three dots in the top right corner.
- In the menu that appears, click on the Settings option, then choose Chat features on the next screen.
- Toggle the button next to the option (Enable Chat Features) to On.
- Close this window, and then open an existing conversation or start a new one.
- Now you should see the lock icon at the top of the writing partner, and this means that the feature is activated in the app, you can click on the Learn more link to read more about this feature.
- Write a new message and send it to the contact who uses the (Google Messages) application as well.
- After sending the message, you should see a lock icon after the sending or delivery notification, right below the message.
Note: For the message encryption feature to work, both parties must install the beta version of the Google Messages app in their phones.
Remember: it may take some time to receive the feature update in the trial version, and you can leave the test program at any time, and switch to using the official version of the application by removing the trial version and installing the official version, but it may take a few hours before you can install the application In your phone.