Usually, we find that sharing photos and videos on social networking sites, such as Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter is the prominent activity for most users, and often everything works well as planned, however, the Twitter application in particular often compress images when uploading or cropping them. This loses its quality very badly.
This brought the company a lot of criticism from users, which made it testing a number of new methods to allow users to upload photos and videos in high-quality resolution – up to 4K – in their posts on the mobile app for Android and iOS users.
Here’s how to upload HD photos and videos to Twitter:
Note: The first thing you notice immediately when you post a tweet attached to a photo or when you only tweet an image, what will be published on your home page will match what you see in the tweet compose box without any modifications or cropping of the image, the second thing is that you can upload images or clips Video and display in up to 4K quality. To do this, follow these steps:
- Open the Twitter application on your smartphone.
- On the home page, tap on the three lines on the top left of the screen.
- From the menu that appears, click on the Settings and privacy option.
- On the next screen, tap on the Data usage option.
- Under the Images section, tap on the High-quality images option.
- In the popup that appears, specify whether you want to download images in 4K resolution while using mobile data and Wi-Fi, Wi-Fi only, or Never.
- Repeat the same steps for the videos under the Video section below.
- Now when you upload a photo or video it will upload in its original quality without any editing from Twitter as it was previously.
Note: Twitter is currently providing this feature to users gradually, so if you don’t have it, update the app to the latest version.