Last week, the (Netflix) video-streaming service launched a new experimental feature called Watch Timer for users of the application in phones running the Android operating system, and it is specifically directed to those who sleep while watching, as it helps them control watching times and automatically pause Netflix After a certain period.
The new feature allows you to choose from four timer settings, and the display turns off automatically after the time you set earlier, which helps save phone battery power and not worry about where you left off while watching.
Netflix says: “This feature is designed to give viewers more options to control their day and improve the viewing experience, as the new feature allows viewers to choose between four time periods: 15 minutes, 30 minutes, 45 minutes, or until the end of the show they are watching.”
It added: “This new feature is especially useful for those who want to quit their Netflix content viewing habits without control. This feature will also help viewers improve their sleep habits, in addition to that, it will help parents control their children’s viewing of a final show before going to bed.”
According to the company, the (watch period timer) feature is currently available for testing globally only for application users on Android phones, and it will evaluate and make it available in versions of iOS phones, computers, and possibly even smart TVs in the near future if it finds it has Impression of users.
This feature is currently limited to adult accounts only, although it seems an ideal feature for children, especially when it comes to screen time, it is not available to them currently.
How to use the Netflix watch timer feature on Android:
- Update the Netflix app on your Android phone.
- Open the app, then play your favorite TV show or movie.
- Click on the clock icon on the top right of the screen.
- Select the time period in which you want to stop viewing from the options that appear.
If you use the Netflix application on an Apple iPhone or iPad, and while waiting for this feature to officially arrive, you can still control watching content on Netflix or any other video broadcasting platform and end the show according to the time you choose, through the Timer feature built into the application Watch, and to do so, follow these steps:
- Open the Watch app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Click on the Timer option at the bottom right of the screen.
- Set the desired timer length in hours and minutes, then tap When Timer Ends.
- Scroll down and select the Stop Playing option.
- Click on Set option on the top right of the popup screen that appears.
- Hit the Start option to start the timer.
Now, after the time you set earlier has expired, any media app running will stop automatically, in addition to that; Your phone’s screen lock will be activated so the screen won’t stay on if you are watching a video, which is useful for saving battery power.