With the large number of pictures that we take throughout the day and recording multiple details of different events, there will come a time when the phone will be filled with pictures, which was the internal space for storage in it is large, and if this happens, it will require moving the pictures to a safe place to provide space for new photos.
Today, we will show you 4 methods that allow you to transfer photos from iPhone to Mac computer easily:
1- Using the USB cable:
- Connect iPhone to Mac computer via USB cable.
- After connecting, the Photos application should open automatically on the computer, if not, just click on the application icon at the bottom or search for it using Spotlight.
- On the left side of the application screen, find the name of your iPhone in the list of devices connected to the computer, then click on the name of the iPhone from which the photos will be transferred.
- Next to the Import To option you’ll see a drop-down list that you can use to choose if you want to add photos to the library, an existing album, or create a new album.
- To transfer all pictures, select them all by dragging and dropping them. If you want to transfer specific images, just click on them to select them.
- After selecting the images you want, click on the Import Selected option.
2- Transfer photos from an iPhone via iCloud:
You can use the iCloud Photos service to store all the photos in your iCloud account instead of just storing them in your phone, but remember: iCloud photos are available within the free 5GB iCloud space, so if you have more photos and need space The larger you will need to upgrade to one of the paid plans.
to do this. Follow next steps:
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Tap on the Photos option.
- In the screen that appears, toggle the button next to the iCloud Photos option to On, and this will automatically sync the photos in your account.
- If you do not have enough space in the iCloud account, you will see a pop-up asking you to upgrade the storage capacity, press the Upgrade Options option and select the most appropriate plan according to your needs.
That’s not all, you will also need to set up an iCloud library on your Mac computer, which you can do by following these steps:
- Open the Photos app on your Mac.
- In the menu bar at the top of the screen, select Photos, then click Preferences from the drop-down menu that appears.
- Go to the iCloud tab, then click on the Continue option to log in to your account.
- Check the box next to the iCloud Photos option.
- Now, the photos will be synced between the iPhone and Mac computer automatically, and every time you take a new photo using the phone’s camera, the image will appear on the Mac computer as well.
Note: You must turn off iCloud photo sync before deleting photos from your phone, if you don’t then the photos from your phone and iCloud photos will be erased as well.
3- Transfer photos using AirDrop:
The AirDrop feature allows Apple device users to easily share photos, videos, documents and files, and before transferring photos from the phone to the computer, make sure that both devices are connected to the same Wi-Fi network, then follow the following steps:
- Open the Photos app on your iPhone, then open the desired photo album.
- On the top right of the screen, press the Select option.
- Tap on the photos you want to transfer.
- Click the share icon at the bottom of the app screen, then choose AirDrop.
- A list of all available devices will appear, click the name of the Mac computer you want to transfer the images to.
- Click on the Accept option that appears in the pop-up in the upper right-hand side of the screen.
- Choose if you want to open the photos in the Photos app or save them to the Downloads folder.
4- Using one of the cloud storage services:
There are many cloud storage services that you can use to transfer photos from an iPhone and Mac computer, such as: Google Photos, OneDrive, and Dropbox. These services provide free storage spaces that you can use to download and store pictures on the iPhone phone, then download them to a Mac computer, And delete them, upload new pictures from the phone, download them to the computer, and so on.